A healthcare service provider can use Luotain if the patient data system it is using does not support the recording of informing clients and clients’ refusals in the Kanta Services as a result of the reform of the Client Data Act.
The use of Luotain in social welfare services will be specified at a later date.
What can I do with Luotain?
Luotain will be published for the use of healthcare service providers after the new Client Data Act has been adopted. Kela will inform later to which extent service providers using different Kanta Services can utilise Luotain.
With Luotain, you can
- check whether a client has been informed of the national information system services
- enter that the information has been provided
- print out the contents of the informing for the client
- check the refusals to share a client’s patient data at the client’s request
- set a detailed or extensive refusal to share a client’s patient data at the client’s request
- print out for the client the details of set refusals to share data
- Refusals to share prescription data cannot be processed with Luotain.
Deployment of Luotain
Service providers who are already using the Kanta Services can start using Luotain without a separate deployment. The service providers grant access rights to the service for their own staff.
A professional identifies themselves to Luotain with the aid of the Suomi.fi service and the mandates for transactions. The service provider must grant a mandate for transactions for its users processing informing of clients and refusals to share data in order to use Luotain in the Suomi.fi service management.
An exception to this is a self-employed person using the Kanta Services who can use Luotain him/herself without a separate mandate for transactions.
Further information about the use of Luotain and the mandates for transactions is available on the Finnish and English pages.
Luotain is not yet in use
Use is free of charge
The use of Luotain is not subject to a charge. The principles of determining the fees and the amount of fees charged for the use of the Kanta Services are provided each year in the decree of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health.