If you suspect that you have coronavirus or you have symptoms consistent with coronavirus, get yourself tested. You can make a symptom assessment using the Omaolo website. You can help to prevent the spread of the coronavirus by avoiding contact with other people, working from home and washing your hands carefully.
What to do if you believe you may be infected
- If you have symptoms consistent with coronavirus, contact your health care provider by phone.
- If you suspect that you have coronavirus, make a symptom assessment using the Omaolo website (the service is available in Finnish and Swedish).
- If you have serious symptoms, call your own health centre or the emergency department straight away. In an emergency, call 112.
- My Kanta Pages helps you also during the coronavirus outbreak. If you have not yet done so, please give your consent in My Kanta Pages for healthcare providers to also see your health data that has been recorded by other units.
How to get help with your pharmacy needs during the corona virus pandemic
- If you are experiencing symptoms similar to a common cold, do not go to the pharmacy.
- If you are over 70 years old or in a risk group, please avoid busy times when going out for errands. Remember to maintain good hand hygiene, and keep a 1‒2-metre distance to other people.
- Check if you can order the medication you need from an online pharmacy and have it delivered to your house.
A legal Finnish online pharmacy can be identified by the pan-European logo (see below). More information on internet trade in medicines can be found on the page of the Finnish Medicines Agency Fimea (fimea.fi).
- You can ask a family member, friend or neighbour to help you. They can pick up prescription medicines by using Suomi.fi authorisation or your Kela Card.
- More precise instructions how to pick up prescription medicines.
How to prevent the spread of the coronavirus
- Follow the Government’s advice and recommendations (valtioneuvosto.fi).
- Avoid close contact and remember to keep a two-metre distance from others.
- Wash your hands frequently and cough into your sleeve.
- Keep in touch with your friends and family by telephone and online.
- Do not visit people over 70 at home, however, you can meet your family and friends outdoors.
- Exercise on a daily basis. Go out for a walk and keep fit at home.
- Do not ask grandparents to take care of sick children.
- If you have even slight cold symptoms, stay at home.
Where to get more information
- A national helpline at 0295 535 535 provides general information about the coronavirus. It is open Monday to Friday between 8:00 and 21.00 and on Saturday between 9.00 and 15.00. Please note that the helpline does not provide health advice or information on how to deal with acute symptoms.
- Coronavirus COVID-19 – Latest updates from the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare
- Accessible and multilingual information on coronavirus (stm.fi)
- Instructions for citizens on coronavirus (thl.fi)
- Multilingual information on coronavirus (thl.fi)
- Instructions to relieve fears and worries caused by the coronavirus (THL & WHO) (thl.fi)
- THL's map application on laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 cases in Finland (thl.fi).