- The Prescription Centre contains all prescriptions and the dispensing records entered on them by pharmacies.
Deployment of the Prescription Centre has been implemented in stages. The public health service has used the Prescription service since May 2010. It became mandatory for public and private health services on 1 January 2017.
The Prescription Centre contains all prescriptions and the dispensing records entered on them by pharmacies. Each recorded document contains the data of a single prescription, dispensing or other similar event. Certain common data are recorded in all documents. In addition, individualised data are recorded in each document. More detailed descriptions of the data recorded in the documents are available in the definitions.
Data content of the Prescription Centre
- cancellation of prescription
- amendment to prescription
- locking of prescription
- cancellation of prescription locking
- reservation of prescription
- cancellation of prescription reservation
- renewal request
- reply to renewal request
- dispensing of prescription
- cancellation of prescription dispensing
- amendment to prescription dispensing
- dose dispensing
- cancellation of dose dispensing
- cancellation of dispensing reservation
Patient Data Repository data
The data recorded in the Patient Data Repository cannot at present be made available for scientific research. Any researchers wishing to use these data should contact the producer of the data in question directly in the health service.
More information on permission to access the Prescription Centre data from Findata-services.