The assignee has almost the same rights to use MyKanta as the person granting the authorization.
When acting on behalf of an adult, you can, e.g.
- request a prescription renewal
- view the results of laboratory tests
- see details of a healthcare appointment
- view social welfare services data.
However, the assignee will not be able to see or process the person’s organs donation testament, living will, or the well-being data stored in MyKanta.
Acting on behalf of an adult in MyKanta is based on the Suomi.fi e-Authorization provided by the Digital and Population Data Services Agency. The Suomi.fi e-Authorization is an electronic power of attorney stored in the authorization register independently or based on an application.
- Once you have received an authorization from another person to act on their behalf, log in to MyKanta with your own credentials.
- Click the link Acting on behalf of someone else.
- Select the person whose information you want to view. After this, you can carry out transaction on behalf of the person.
The authorization required for using MyKanta is the Managing matters related to healthcare mandate . Viewing social services data requires an authorisation for Managing matters related to social welfare services.
The e-Authorization can be granted independently in the Suomi.fi online service. You can also send an e-Authorization request in Suomi.fi. If necessary, an e-Authorization may also be granted by submitting an application for authorization.
Granting e-Authorizations by identifying yourself in the Suomi.fi online service
If you use electronic identification, such as online banking codes, you can independently assign e-Authorizations to another person through Suomi.fi e-Authorizations.
1. Log in to the Suomi.fi online service. For identification, you will need online banking codes, mobile ID, or an identity card with a chip.
2. Enter the details of the person you want to authorize to act on your behalf.
3. Select the authorisation and specify a validity period for it.
4. Check the information you provided and confirm the authorization.
Further information on how to grant an e-Authorization: Grant a mandate for transactions as a person (suomi.fi)
The assignee can request a mandate through Suomi.fi e-Authorizations
The person you have chosen to take care of your affairs (the assignee), can request a mandate through the Suomi.fi e-Authorization online service. The recipient of the request (assignor), must approve the request before the e-Authorization enters into force.
You can accept an e-Authorization request by identifying yourself in the Suomi.fi online service. If you are unable to use electronic identification, you can also visit a Digital and Population Data Services Agency service point to approve the mandate request.
For more information on how to submit a mandate request: Request a mandate for transactions as a person (suomi.fi)
Mandates can also be granted with an authorization application
If a person does not have an electronic identification device or is unable visit a Digital and Population Data Services Agency service point to identify themselves, they may also grant a mandate by submitting an authorization application.
An authorisation application can be submitted:
- with assistance
- At a Digital and Population Data Services Agency service point, where a customer service agent will assist you.
More detailed instructions are available in the Digital and Population Data Services Agency's online service: Granting mandates if you are unable to use electronic services (suomi.fi)
For the time being, guardians are not able to act on behalf of an adult client in MyKanta. The Digital and Population Data Services Agency has launched a project to improve the access of legal guardians to electronic services.