Before you travel, check which COVID-19 documents are required in the country you’re travelling to and note that practices vary from country to country. Make sure your COVID-19 certificate is valid and download it from the My Kanta Pages.
The authenticity of all COVID-19 certificates is verified with a QR code valid for one year from the date on which the certificate was downloaded from the My Kanta Pages. After this, a new certificate must be downloaded or printed from the My Kanta Pages. Always download and take the most recent certificate with you on your journey.
Note that EU countries only accept a COVID-19 vaccination certificate for adults for nine months after the second vaccine. If you have received the third vaccine dose, your certificate will remain valid indefinitely.
You can use the certificate of COVID-19 vaccination, a certificate of a COVID-19 test result or a certificate of recovery from COVID-19 for travel. Check the validity periods of the different certificates and always download the most recent certificate. The EU Digital COVID Certificate is accepted in the EU and in around 40 countries outside the EU.
Before you travel
Validity of certificates
If you have
- 3 or more vaccinations, your COVID-19 vaccination certificate is valid until further notice
- 2 vaccinations, your COVID-19 vaccination certificate is valid for 270 days (9 months) for adults and until further notice for those under 18
- a certificate of recovery from COVID-19, your certificate is valid for 180 days (6 months). You can obtain a certificate of recovery from COVID-19 based on a rapid test result confirmed by a healthcare provider or a PCR test confirmed by a laboratory.
- a negative result from a rapid test taken by a healthcare provider, it is valid for 48 hours; a PCR test is valid for 72 hours after the test was taken.
Before you travel, check the up-to-date entry regulations from the authorities of the destination country, such as the country's foreign mission, or Re-open EU (reopen.europa.eu)Also check the guidelines for airlines and other carriers, as well as restrictions in any transit countries.
Some countries may require a negative COVID-19 test result in addition to a valid vaccination certificate, for example.
Download the COVID certificate from My Kanta Pages
1. Log into My Kanta Pages using your personal means of identification, such as online banking IDs or a mobile certificate.
2. Select 'Koronatodistus' (COVID certificate) from the menu on the left. You will also find a link to the certificate section on the homepage of My Kanta Pages.
3. Click the pdf link to open the COVID certificate. If you have a certificate, it will open in a new tab.
4. Save the pdf file to your phone or other device or take a screenshot of it. This way, you have the certificate ready when you need it. You can also print the certificate on paper.
See what the certificate looks like here: Model certificate: EU Digital COVID Certificate (pdf)
The COVID vaccination certificate is shown in My Kanta Pages no later than five days after the person has received the vaccination. A test result certificate is usually available within 24 hours of providing the sample. A certificate of having had the infection is available 11 days after a positive test.
If you do not use My Kanta Pages, you can get a printed COVID certificate from the healthcare unit where the vaccination or test was done.
If the certificate is missing or incorrect, contact your healthcare provider
If the COVID certificate is not shown in My Kanta Pages or there is an error in the certificate details, please contact the healthcare provider where you were vaccinated or where the COVID-19 test was taken. Kanta Services cannot rectify incorrect information. Errors are corrected in the healthcare services.
My Kanta Pages customer service
- Telephone: 020 634 4588. We are available Monday to Friday between 9 am and 4 pm.
- Email: email@example.com
- Customer feedback form