The delivery of medical certificates to Kela is part of the service entity where certificates and reports issued by healthcare professionals are created in the patient data system, recorded in the Patient Data Repository and forwarded with the Kanta services on to Kela for benefit processing.
The delivery of medical certificates to Kela
If agreed with the doctor, your electronic medical certificate can be forwarded directly to Kela for benefit processing. That means that you don’t have to deliver the certificate to Kela yourself. A medical certificate is needed by Kela for granting benefits. Kela’s employees cannot see the prescription or care data recorded in Kanta.
The following certificates and reports can be forwarded to Kela:
- Medical certificate A SV 6 for sickness allowance
- Medical certificate D SV 10 for special care allowance for a child
- Medical report SV 97 on the need for special maternity leave
- Certificate SV 75 on pregnancy or postnatal examination
- Certificate SV 67 for compensation for travel expenses
It is possible to forward to Kela from healthcare services either all of the above-mentioned certificates or only some of them. Further information is available from your own healthcare services.
How the delivery of medical certificates to Kela works
- Agree with your doctor that your certificates are forwarded directly to Kela for benefit processing.
- If you wish, you can have a printout of the certificate that has been forwarded to Kela. The printout will state that the certificate has been forwarded to Kela.
- Certificates forwarded to Kela can be viewed in My Kanta Pages or in Kela’s e-Services.