It is the client's duty to maintain their information required for using Kanta Services. Maintenance involves actions like updating client details in Kanta Extranet (ekstra.kanta.fi, in Finnish) and register data in the relevant registers.
You log into Kanta Extranet using your Suomi.fi authorisation. As far as possible, the master user of the client organisation should set up Suomi.fi authorisations for using Kanta Extranet for several persons, so that the responsibility for the correct client details does not rest with a single person.
Data controller function
A unit that has entered data into Patient Data Repository or the Client data archive for social welfare services is the controller of the data it has produced. In the event of organisational changes, the data controller is responsible for ensuring that the controller details of the data stored in the system are altered according to the new situation.
Instructions for change situations (in Finnish)
- Ensuring continuity of connections to Kanta Services in situations of organisational change (pdf, thl.fi)
- Ensuring continuity of connections to Kanta Services in change situations: instructions for private healthcare operators (pdf, thl.fi)
- Organisational changes in private healthcare (pdf)
- Organisational change situations (pdf)
- Data controller update run schedule (pdf)
- Instructions for planning organisational changes in occupational healthcare (pdf, thl.fi)