If you have subscribed to the Kelain service as a self-employed professional, you can change your contact details or unsubscribe from the Kelain service or the Kanta Prescription service. You can also stop using Kelain and switch to using the Prescription service in another information system.
The change situations are
- Updating contact details
- Unsubscribing from the Kelain service
- Change of information system
Updating contact details
Clients using Kelain in the capacity of a self-employed professional can administer their own client data through the Kanta Extranet. Log in to Extranet with the Katso ID connected to your business ID. Instructions on how to update your client information (in finnish).
The information you have provided in connection with registering in Kelain can be updated in the Kelain service. Please log in to the Kelain service with your healthcare professional card. You can edit your registration information on the page where the user role is selected. If you are only a private user, you can open the role selection page from the blue header (from the little hook by your name). The registration page is accessed by selecting Edit next to the role you want to edit. Make the necessary changes to your contact details and save them.
Unsubscribing from the Kelain service
You can cancel your registration with the Kelain service as a self-employed professional and private user in the Kelain service. Each registration under a different user role in the Kelain service must be cancelled separately. The cancellation will enter into force with immediate effect.
If it is not possible to unsubscribe from the Kelain service, please complete the cancellation notice and post it to the Kanta service. A self-employed professional can obtain the cancellation notice from the Kanta Extranet and a private user can request it by email at Kanta@kanta.fi. The cancellation of registration will enter into force at the earliest on the day when the form arrives in the Kanta service. Retrospective cancellation is not possible.
If you have joined the Prescription service as a self-employed professional and you will not continue the subscription with another system, you must also cancel your Kanta account in the Prescription service. You will receive a cancellation notice from the Kanta Extranet.
If you are changing the system, please see the section on the change of system.
Change of information system
If you have joined the Prescription service as a self-employed professional and you are changing the Kelain system for another information system,
- send the details of the connection point of the new information to the Kanta services on the change form
- Clients can use the Kanta services with their own technical connection point or that of the Kanta agent. When changing the system, the Kanta services will need information about the technical connection you will be using to access the service in the future. Some system suppliers also act as Kanta agents, offering the technical connection point as part of the service. If you are using an agent’s connection point, please enter the information you have received from the agent/system supplier in the section New connection point details. If you are using your own connection point, please enter the mandatory data on the form: connection point OID, IP address and connection type.
- Cancel your registration with the Kelain service as a self-employed profession. See instruction above.