In order to receive renewal requests, the service enabler must have
- a record of the reception of renewal requests in the THL Code Service registers.
- For independent professionals, the record is made in the Valvira code set for independent healthcare providers.
- For health or social services units, the record is made in the SOTE organisation register.
- THL’s instruction Verifying data from the SOTE organisation register and notifying of updates, version 30.1.2017 (PDF, thl.fi) (in Finnish) provides instructions on updating the data in the register.
- renewal request service has been deployed in the Kanta Services.
- The service can be deployed in connection with joining the Prescription service, in which case the service is selected on an electronic registration application in Kanta Ekstranet.
- At a later stage, the deployment or termination of the service is notified on the form for changing the technical data of health and social service enablers.
If a service enabler withdraws from receiving renewal requests, this must be notified by email to
Prescription renewal requests in organisational change situations
In organisational change situations, it must be taken into account that all prescription renewal requests can be processed before the change takes place in the organisation of the renewal request in question.
Electronic delivery of renewal requests from pharmacies and MyKanta can be prevented by changing in the SOTE register the reception of renewal requests to end, for example, 8 days before the organisational change.