The EU Digital COVID Certificate consists of three different certificates: a certificate of COVID-19 vaccination, a certificate of a COVID-19 test result, and a certificate of recovery from COVID-19.
- See here Frequently Asked Questions about the COVID certificate (kanta.fi).
- The use of the COVID passport will be temporarily restricted until 31.1.2022. For further information, see the notice here (kanta.fi).
1. Log into My Kanta Pages from the kanta.fi homepage using your personal means of identification, such as online banking IDs or a mobile certificate.
2. Select 'Koronatodistus' (COVID certificate) from the menu on the left. You will also find a link to the certificate section on the homepage of My Kanta Pages.
3. Click the pdf link to open the COVID certificate. If you have a certificate, it will open in a new tab.
4. Save the pdf file to your phone or other device or take a screenshot of it. This way, you have the certificate ready when you need it. You can also print the certificate on paper.
See what the certificate looks like here: Model certificate: EU Digital COVID Certificate
The COVID vaccination certificate is shown in My Kanta Pages no later than five days after the person has received the vaccination. A test result certificate is usually available within 24 hours of providing the sample. A certificate of having had the infection is available 11 days after a positive test.
If you do not use My Kanta Pages, you can get a printed COVID certificate from the healthcare unit where the vaccination or test was done.
The EU Digital COVID Certificate also serves as COVID passport
The EU Digital COVID Certificate consists of three different certificates: a certificate of COVID vaccination, a certificate of a COVID-19 test result, and a certificate of having been infected with COVID-19. All three certificates also serve as a COVID passport. The COVID passport is also issued to persons who have been infected with COVID-19 and have also received one COVID vaccination.
The COVID passport is an alternative to control measures
Using the COVID passport is an alternative to regional coronavirus restrictions, whereby the passport allows access to places like restaurants, nightclubs and various functions and events.
Operators subject to COVID restrictions may introduce the COVID passport rule on a voluntary basis. Operators subject to restrictions may require their customers to show their COVID passport on entry.
The event organiser can read the COVID passport on a mobile device with the THL-approved COVID Certificate Reader application downloaded. The COVID Certificate Reader does not collect or save health or other information.
- Additional information: Ministry of Social Affairs and Health (STM) COVID-19 Passport (stm.fi)
- Additional information: COVID Certificate Reader (thl.fi)
Using the COVID certificate when travelling
When travelling, check the destination country’s criteria for a COVID certificate and the validity of a test result. COVID certificates may have different validity periods in different countries, which is why passengers themselves must always check the COVID restrictions and procedures of the destination country in advance.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland: Travel recommendations (um.fi)
- Re-open EU (reopen.europa.eu)
If the certificate is missing or incorrect, contact your healthcare provider
If the COVID certificate is not shown in My Kanta Pages or there is an error in the certificate details, please contact the healthcare provider where you were vaccinated or where the COVID-19 test was taken. Kanta Services cannot rectify incorrect information. Errors are corrected in the healthcare services.
Further information about COVID-19 certificate
- Frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 certificate (kanta.fi)
- Frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 passport (kanta.fi)
- COVID-19 Certificate (thl.fi)
- COVID-19 Certificate (stm.fi)
- COVID-19 Passport (stm.fi)
My Kanta Pages customer service
- Telephone: 020 634 4588. We are available Monday to Friday between 9 am and 4 pm.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer feedback form