It is currently possible to archive imaging studies under the radiology nomenclature. The service can be used for archiving and searching imaging studies saved in the Archive of Imaging Data and the patient care documents in imaging saved in the Patient Data Repository.
The service is used by healthcare organisations that perform imaging studies and by organisations that issue reports on and utilise the studies and are using the service with certified systems.
Everyone benefits from archiving of imaging data
Benefits for citizens
- provides access to reports concerning imaging studies via My Kanta Pages. The reports can also be downloaded or shared
- improves data protection, as the viewing or further use of personal data can also be denied
- helps the patient to participate in their own care.
Benefits for healthcare professionals
- enables searching of previous reference images stored in the archive
- makes it easier to assess the need for a new imaging study when it is possible to access previous studies carried out elsewhere
- enables examination of the quality and results of the images in cooperation with other experts
- reduces manual recording
- makes it possible to take declarations of intent into account.
Benefits for society
- saves costs when regional and local archives are no longer needed
- prevents carrying out duplicate and unnecessary imaging studies
- enables improved patient safety and development of care processes
- improves comparability of imaging materials at both national and international levels.
The Archive of Imaging Data has thus far been adopted for production use by the following public healthcare providers
- Central Finland Health Care District
- Helsinki and Uusimaa hospital district
- the Joint Municipal Authority for Central Ostrobothnia Social and Health Services (Soite)
- the Joint Municipal Authority for North Karelia Social and Health Services (Siun sote)
- Kainuu Social Welfare and Health Care Joint Authority (Kainuun Sote)
- Länsi-Pohja healthcare district
- Lapland healthcare district
- Northern Ostrobothnia hospital district
- North Savo hospital district
- Southern Ostrobothnia hospital district
- South Savo Social and Health care Authority (ESSOTE).
The service has been adopted for production use by the following private healthcare providers
- Suomen Terveystalo Oy.