The accessibility of the online service has been assessed by an external accessibility expert. The statement was uppdated on 24 January 2022.
Alternative contact methods
If you are unable to deal with your issue online, you can call Kela's telephone service or visit a service point.
How accessible is the online service?
The service meets the critical accessibility requirements and largely the A- and AA-level accessibility criteria required by law (WCAG Criteria 2.1).
Users may still experience some accessibility issues with the site. The following is a list of issues of which we are aware. If you notice a problem with the site that is not listed, please let us know.
Contents or functions not yet fully accessible:
- Stock illustrations incorrectly have text alternatives on the pages Home, Instructions and services, and Prescription, although alt texts are not required for stock illustrations (WCAG 1.1.1)
- On some pages, several file links lack information about the file format (pdf, xls, doc), or it is not part of the link text. (WCAG 1.1.1 and WCAG 2.4.4)
- Some of the attachments are not accessible. They are currently being repaired.
We aim to repair the deficiencies listed above by 30 June 2022.
Content not accessible due to unreasonable burden
Some contents or functions are not accessible because repairing them would be an unreasonable burden on Kela.
Kanta.fi has accessibility problems in various parts of the service, particularly forms. The shortcomings are listed above. Repairing them before 23 September 2020 would be an unreasonable burden on Kela, as the necessary maintenance work must be carried out on the service before it is technically possible to make accessibility repairs. We aim to address the deficiencies listed above by 30 June 2022.
Accessibility requirements do not apply to certain contents
The following is a list of contents on our site that are not subject to accessibility legislation.
Our website contains
- videos released before 23 September 2020. These videos lack subtitles and audio description. There are such videos also on the Kanta Services YouTube channel.
- Accessibility requirements do not apply to videos released before 23 September 2020.
- files published before 23 September 2018.
- The accessibility requirements do not apply to files published before 23 September 2018 and that do not concern clients' rights and obligations.
- tables that do not adapt to the terminal device. Using tables requires scrolling them horizontally.
- links to external websites, the accessibility of which has not been assessed by Kela.
Give feedback on accessibility
Did you notice an accessibility problem in our service? Please let us know so we can do our best to fix the problem.
Processing of accessibility feedback is coordinated by the Customer Development Unit and IT customer support.
If you notice accessibility issues on the site, please provide feedback in the first instance to us, the webmasters. We will respond within 2 weeks.
If you are not satisfied with the answer you have received or if you do not receive a reply within 2 weeks, you can notify the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland explains in detail how you can make a complaint and how the matter will be dealt with.
Contact details of the monitoring authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility Monitoring Unit
- website saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fi
- e-mail: email@example.com
- telephone (switchboard): 0295 016 000
We are constantly working to improve accessibility
We will update this statement as and when we correct any problems.
We are committed to improving the accessibility of the online services. We ensure accessibility by measures like the following:
- We take accessibility requirements into account when developing services.
- We invest in the intelligibility of language. The language of online content is checked prior to publication.
- We take accessibility into account in internal practices (e.g. guidelines, testing, and definitions).
- We take accessibility requirements into account as early as the procurement stage.
- We provide accessibility training for our employees.