The steps described below will help with most problems logging in to Kelain.
Certificate card PIN code
If you have forgotten the PIN code for your certificate card, or it has locked, you can request support from DVV (dvv.fi), which issues the cards.
Instructions for unlocking the PIN code can be found on DVV's website (dvv.fi).
Card reader problems
"The certificate was not received from the card reader" is the most common error message when logging in to Kelain. The steps below usually help with this and other card reader problems.
Remove the certificate card and disconnect the card reader
- Take your professional card out of the card reader
- Disconnect the card reader from the computer
- Plug the card reader into a different USB port. Make sure the card reader is properly connected to the computer.
- Insert the card into the reader. Make sure that the card is the right way round in the reader. Try logging in to the Kelain again.
- If you still can't sign in after following these steps, restart your computer.
Make sure your computer and browser meet the technical requirements for Kelain.
Reinstall the card reader software
If the problem persists after following the above steps, uninstall the card reader software from your computer and then install the latest version of the software, which you can download from DVV's website (dvv.fi).
Illustrated instructions for checking Kelain’s technical requirements and reinstalling the card reader software for different operating systems (in Finnish):
Contact Kela's technical support
If you are still experiencing problems, please contact Kela's technical support.
To help resolve the issue faster, please make a note of the following before contacting us:
- Your computer’s operating system and its version.
- The browsers you have tested and their versions.
- The version of the card reader application installed in your computer.
- The error message received.
- Have you been able to access Kelain with this computer on previous occasions.
Kela, Technical Support
telephone number: 020 63 47787 (on weekdays at 7am–5pm)