If you get an error message “No certificate received from the card reader” or another error occurs when you log in to the Kelain service, the following measures will help in most cases. The instructions are presented in order from the simplest to the most complicated.
There are problems with logging in to Kelain on Internet Explorer if using version 4.0.14 of the DigiSign card reader software. If the log in attempt fails with Internet Explorer, please use Firefox, Chrome or Safari as a temporary solution to the problem.
Always test whether Kelain is functioning properly before moving to the next section. In some cases, the problem is resolved after the first instruction, and in some cases it is necessary to carry out all of the measures instructed.
1. Removing the certificate card and disconnecting the card reader
- Take your professional card out of the card reader
- Disconnect the card reader from the computer
- Reconnect the card reader, change to a different USB port. Make sure the card reader is properly connected to the computer.
- Insert the card into the reader. Make sure that the card is the right way round in the reader. Try logging in to the Kelain again.
2. Make sure your computer and browser meet the technical requirements for Kelain
3. When you have checked sections 1 and 2, move to separate instructions for Windows and Mac users available on the right-hand side of the page.
4. If you are still experiencing problems, please contact Kela's technical support. Please have the following information to hand before contacting us:
- You computer’s operating system and its version.
- The browsers you have tested and their versions.
- The version of the card reader application installed in your computer.
- The error message received.
- Have you been able to access Kelain with this computer on previous occasions?
Kela, Technical Support
telephone number: 020 63 47787 (on weekdays at 7am–5pm)