If you notice a fault in the Kanta service you are using, please check whether a fault notification has been posted on the kanta.fi website. If it hasn't, please contact the helpdesk of your own organisation or the information system supplier. The helpdesk will assess the nature of the problem and decide on any further measures.
When to report a fault to Kela?
The helpdesk or information system supplier of a service provider using Kanta services must report any faults they detect to the technical support of Kela/Kanta services whenever one or more of the following criteria are met:
- The fault is not related to a pharmacy, client or patient data system used by the service provider, but it is localised to a Kanta service entity.
- The fault gives reason for suspecting that patient safety or the service received by a social welfare service client may be jeopardised. The fault is directly or indirectly linked to Kanta services.
- The fault gives reason to suspect that there is a problem with an information system that may jeopardise the data protection of a patient or client. The fault is directly or indirectly linked to Kanta services.
- The fault prevents or significantly slows down the use of the service.
- The extent of the fault cannot be ascertained, and it may have an impact on other operators in addition to the service provider.
A fault that meets these criteria is reported by the helpdesk or information system supplier of the service provider to the technical support of Kanta services using the fault report form. The form is sent as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to sending a fault report form, faults that are critical or have an extensive impact must also be reported by telephone to the technical support, tel. 020 634 7787.
Technical support of Kanta services and fault notification
The technical support of Kanta services provides a 24-hour service to the support organisations of service providers and system suppliers, to citizens using My Kanta Pages and encountering technical problems, and the users of the Kelain service. The technical support is also responsible for fault notifications with respect to services provided by Kela. You can request an RSS feed of the fault notifications.
Technical support of Kanta services in extensive fault situations
- publishes fault notifications on the kanta.fi website
- sends fault notifications to the service providers and stakeholders by email and/or text message
- notifies of faults at the start and end of the fault and when the situation changes.
The recipients of the fault notifications are informed of any planned changes and maintenance work carried out on the service
- two weeks in advance by email and with the maintenance notices online on kanta.fi
- the day before the change or maintenance work takes place by text message.
The service provider shall give the contact details of the recipients of fault notifications when taking the system into use and maintain the contact details in Kanta Extranet.
What to do in fault situations in social welfare and healthcare services
Fault that prevents the use of the Prescription Centre
Prescriptions are issued as online, paper or telephone prescriptions, and they are recorded in the patient data system. During a fault, prescription data is not automatically recorded in the Prescription Centre, and it is not recorded manually after the disruption. Find out about the procedure for social welfare and healthcare services in fault situations.
Fault that prevents the use of the Patient Data Repository or the client data archive for social welfare services
The patient and client data system automatically saves all entries made in it during a fault once the archive is back in use. Find out about the procedure for social welfare and healthcare services in fault situations.
What to do in fault situations in pharmacies
Essential medication of patients is safeguarded in any fault situations in Kanta services. Find out about the procedure for pharmacies in fault situations.
Instructions for citizens in fault situations
Find out about instructions for citizens in fault situations.
Notification of serious incidents to Valvira
In a situation that has jeopardised or is suspected of having jeopardised patient safety, both the system supplier and the service provider are obliged to send a notification of a serious incident to Valvira.
Action by the authorities in fault or exceptional situations
The authorities (THL, Kela, Valvira, VRK, STM, Fimea) will assess the severity of the incident. In fault or exceptional situations, the authorities will provide instructions on what to do during the situation and how to resume normal operations. The instructions drawn up on the basis of the assessment will be sent to the contact persons notified by the service providers, and these persons will distribute the instructions within their own organisation.