In future, the aggregate data will be available from
- laboratory tests
- risk data
- imaging studies
- physiological measurements.
The patient data systems can retrieve these data entities and form illustrative patient summaries for the users. Data is shared into the patient data system if the patient has a valid data sharing consent and the data in question is not subject to a denial of consent to data sharing. Citizens can view their own aggregate data in My Kanta Pages.
Requirements for producing the summaries
Patient data system must support structured recording
With respect to data entered with the previous (2014) version of the definitions, only some of the risk data, diagnoses and vaccinations can be available as summaries of all materials.
Aggregate data in My Kanta Pages
Aggregate data is gathered in the summaries of My Kanta Pages for viewing by citizens when the healthcare services record and enter data in the Kanta Services in accordance with contents and structures defined on a national basis. However, if data is recorded with the 2014 definition version, not all aggregate data can be viewed in My Kanta Pages.
Benefits of aggregate data
The structured recording of data and the aggregate data formed from key health data enable better utilisation of the Kanta Services:
- More efficient retrieving and sharing of data in the Patient Data Repository.
- Essential data is easily found.
- Treatment decisions can be made on the basis of up-to-date information.
- Patient safety and efficiency of operations increase when the number of overlapping tests or treatments that are potentially unnecessary is reduced.
- It is easier for citizens to monitor their own health data.
- Information can be better utilised for the needs of secondary use of data and knowledge management.