The Kanta Services are a national digital service entity for social welfare and healthcare, and they are also linked to international information systems. The Kanta Services will expand and become more versatile in compliance with clients’ needs and the development of legislation. The development of the Kanta Services is guided and funded by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health.
The purpose of the development and deployment of Kanta is to meet citizens’ social welfare and healthcare needs and to respond to changes in the operating environment. Kanta Services’ data content is also utilised in secondary use and knowledge management. Development work takes into account the information needs of the health and social services reform.
Development of services
The development of the Kanta Services means promoting the digitalisation and improved data management of the services used by the social welfare and healthcare sector. The Kanta Services publication schedule outlines the development phases for major areas for development and new functionalities for the coming years. The publication schedule includes the schedule for development phases for functionalities in accordance with the legislative requirements, as well as the deadlines for deployment by social welfare and healthcare providers. Social welfare and healthcare providers can use these schedules to plan their own roadmap for information management.
Development priorities in 2022
- development tasks required by the enforcement of the new Client Data Act
- the development work required to implement the health and social services reform
- development of medication information management
- Work to promote the utilisation of Kanta Services
- improving the quality of data from a data-production lifecycle perspective
- new functionalities and data content that facilitate the use of the services
- improving the monitoring of the implementation and deployment of national requirements
- promoting the secondary use of data
- potential work resulting from the coronavirus pandemic.
Deployment of the services
Kela supports and guides healthcare and social welfare organisations in the deployment of the Kanta Services. The healthcare and social welfare organisations that have registered for deployment will receive support in, among other things, the implementation kick-off event and in training concerning operating models and procedures.
Deployment priorities in healthcare in 2022
- amendments to the Client Data Act and health and social services legislation
- key health data
- acting on behalf of a minor
- Kanta medication list phase 1: Structured dosage
- Deployment of the Patient Data Repository in private healthcare.
Deployment priorities in social welfare in 2022
- Basic functionalities of the 2nd phase of the client data archive in social welfare services
- access to the register.
The client data archive in social welfare services can be deployed with the data content of phase 1 until the end of 2022.