The Kanta Services is a national digital service entity for social welfare and health care, and it is also linked with international information systems. The Kanta Services will expand and become more versatile in compliance with the clients’ needs and the development of legislation. The development of the Kanta Services is guided and funded by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health.
The purpose of the Kanta development and deployment is to meet the citizens’ needs in social welfare and healthcare services and respond to the changes in the operating environment. The data contents of the Kanta Services are also utilised in secondary use and knowledge management. The information needs of the social welfare and healthcare reform are taken into account in the development work.
Development of services
The development of the Kanta Services means the development of services used by the social welfare and healthcare sector. The development stages until 2020 are described in the publication schedule. The schedule includes the development schedules for functionalities in accordance with the legislative requirements, as well as the deadlines for deployment by social welfare and healthcare providers.
Development priorities in 2020:
- Development of information management in medication
- Changes in transfer of data according to the new Client Data Act
- Development of the client data archive in social welfare services
- Development of My Kanta pages
- Development of Kanta PHR
- expanding the data contents to be stored
- Development of the Patient Data Repository
- authorisation of purchased services and changes in authors
Deployment of the services
Kela supports and guides the social welfare and healthcare organisations in the deployment of the Kanta Services. The deployment processes are carried out annually in three phases. Social welfare and healthcare organisations are given support, e.g. at the deployment preparation event and during operating model and operating method training.
Deployment priorities in 2020:
- Acting on behalf of a minor
- Summaries of key health data
- Deployment of the client data archive for social welfare services
- Sharing of certificates and reports from healthcare services to Kela and Traficom (in terms of reports that enable electronic sharing)
- Deployment of the Archive of Imaging Data with radiology data contents