Individual citizens can enter information about their wellbeing in the My Kanta Personal Health Record (Kanta PHR) using wellbeing applications and devices developed for such purpose. The pages with wellbeing-related content offer additional information about the service and a selection of latest news.
Anyone can develop a new wellbeing application that utilises Kanta PHR. Both server based and mobile applications are possible. The users can be citizens, professionals or both.
Kanta PHR provides developers with the necessary interfaces and and an approved open-access national data content, both of which are based on the HL7 FHIR standard. FHIR Rest API interfaces are defined in the Capability Statement. The data content is being developed in cooperation with various actors.
Developers can already now integrate their application with the Kanta PHR sandbox environment for self-testing. Prior to integration with the Kanta PHR production environment, applications must meet a set of national approval criteria for wellbeing applications and pass approval testing.
By integrating with Kanta PHR, which is free of charge, developers can raise awareness of their service by associating it with the Kanta services. Kanta PHR data are available to applications and can be used as a basis for developing new services.
Once the service has been launched, citizens will have the option of sharing their Kanta PHR data with social welfare and healthcare professionals. The criteria for applications targeting professional users cannot be finalized until the new Client Data Act has entered into force. The relevant bill is currently under review in Parliament.
At the moment, Kanta PHR can only be used by persons who are 16 years of age or older. This requirement may be revised once the new Act has entered into force.
The glossary of terms describes briefly the terminology and concepts related to Kanta PHR. The descriptions have been formulated specifically to fit the context of Kanta PHR and wellbeing applications. Concepts and terms associated with Kanta PHR are also defined in the list of Kanta terminology compiled by the National Institute for Health and Welfare (in Finnish).
Wellbeing applications integrated with Kanta PHR must conform to prevailing laws, decrees and statutes.
- The agenda for the next HL7 Finland PH SIG Kanta PHR support meeting at Tuesday 4.12.2018 12:30-15:00 has been published: http://www.hl7.fi/wp-content/uploads/HL7-20181204-OTV-sk-kokous-nro-10-agenda.pdf. There is for example NutritionIntake-profile data content proposal. We also tell about new coming version of approval criteria for wellbeing applications. Come and take part in the discussion! You can get Skype-invitation to meeting from email@example.com.
- The Sandbox environments will be updated at 8.10.2018 to new versions that include the most recent versions of Kanta PHR profiles, new dependency library versions (including HAPI), paging for the results of a search (https://www.hl7.org/fhir/http.html#paging) and some bug fixes. Sandbox environments are still using HL7 FHIR STU3 version. During the updating, the service is not available.
- The agenda for the next HL7 Finland PH SIG Kanta PHR support meeting at Tuesday 9.10.2018 12:30-15:00 has been published: http://www.hl7.fi/wp-content/uploads/HL7-20181009-OTV-sk-kokous-nro-8-agenda.pdf. There is many proposals for expanding the current Kanta PHR data content. We also tell about Kanta PHR implementation guide. Come and take part in the discussion! You can get Skype-invitation to meeting from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kanta PHR Sandbox and approval test environments are under construction from 6.9.2018 8:00 till 7.9.2018 8:00 and the services are not available that time.
- General description (DRAFT): National PHR and management of wellbeing information (in Finnish)
- HL7 FHIR standard
- The Finnish PHR profiling guidelines
- Capability statement
- The implementation guide
- The PHR authorization guide for the sandbox environment
- PHR authorization guide
- OAuth 2.0 protocol
- Approval criteria form (in Finnish)
- Application form (in Finnish)