Individual citizens can enter information about their wellbeing in the My Kanta Personal Health Record (Kanta PHR) using wellbeing applications and devices developed for such purpose. The pages with wellbeing-related content offer additional information about the service and a selection of latest news.
Anyone can develop a new wellbeing application that utilises Kanta PHR. Both server based and mobile applications are possible. The users can be citizens, professionals or both.
Kanta PHR provides developers with the necessary interfaces and and an approved open-access national data content, both of which are based on the HL7 FHIR standard. The data content is being developed in cooperation with various actors.
Developers can already now integrate their application with the Kanta PHR sandbox environment for self-testing. Prior to integration with the Kanta PHR production environment, applications must meet a set of national approval criteria for wellbeing applications and pass approval testing.
By integrating with Kanta PHR, which is free of charge, developers can raise awareness of their service by associating it with the Kanta services. Kanta PHR data are available to applications and can be used as a basis for developing new services.
The Kanta PHR production environment entered the pilot stage on 23 April 2018. During the pilot stage, the service is available to a selected group of users. More extensive piloting will begin towards the end of 2018.
Once the service has been launched, citizens will have the option of sharing their Kanta PHR data with social welfare and healthcare professionals. The criteria for applications targeting professional users cannot be finalized until the new Client Data Act has entered into force. The relevant bill is currently under review in Parliament.
At the moment, Kanta PHR can only be used by persons who are 16 years of age or older. This requirement may be revised once the new Act has entered into force.
- Kanta PHR Sandbox and approval test environments are under construction from 6.9.2018 8:00 till 7.9.2018 8:00 and the services are not available that time.
- Tuesday 11.9.2018 12:30-15:00 is HL7 Finland PH SIG Kanta PHR support meeting where proposals for changing or expanding the current Kanta PHR data content. Our pilot-customers developer tells you his experiences about making integration to Kanta PHR. More information (in Finnish): http://www.hl7.fi/sig-toiminta/personal-health-sig/omatietovarannon-tukiprojekti/. Describe your development proposal 2 weeks earlier (28.8.2018) using proposal form and send it to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday 19.6.2018 12:30-15:00 is HL7 Finland PH SIG Kanta PHR support meeting where proposals for changing or expanding the current Kanta PHR data content are discussed and you can get some technical advises about integration to Kanta PHR. More information (in Finnish): http://www.hl7.fi/sig-toiminta/personal-health-sig/omatietovarannon-tukiprojekti/.
- 29.5.2018: Kela's PHR team will participate in the Upgraded Life Festival 2018 event, which is 31.5. - 1.6.2018 at Helsinki. Please come and meet us at our stand!
- 22.5.2018: The first production deployment phase of Kanta PHR has started in 23.4.2018. Terveyskylä's Omapolku application, which is made by Virtuaalisairaala 2.0-program, has been integrated to Kanta PHR and pilot users are saving their wellbeing data (daily activity, steps taken, weight) into Kanta PHR via Terveyskylä’s Omapolku-application. Pilot users can see their wellbeing data in My Kanta Pages-service and Terveyskylä's Omapolku service. In this pilot phase, Kanta PHR is available only for known pilot users. The pilot is going to have more users in autumn.