Updates in My Kanta Pages
My Kanta pages is being developed by listening to the users. The features are improved on the basis of customer feedback, the client panel, and user surveys. My Kanta pages aims to be an easy-to-use service for everyone to access their personal data in social welfare and healthcare services.
Updates to My Kanta, 10/12/2018
- Persons aged 18 and over can now use My Kanta to give their consent to the disclosure of their prescription details to pharmacies in other European countries. The consent is valid indefinitely and can be revoked at any time on My Kanta.
- Users of the wellbeing section on My Kanta can view personal plans and complete self-assessment questionnaires. Personalised content in this section is available to My Kanta users aged 16 and over who use a wellbeing app that stores plans and questionnaires in the My Kanta PHR.
- UI improvements
- The mobile homepage for actions that can be taken on behalf of a minor features a set of quick links.
- Other improvements for mobile users
Updates to My Kanta, 25 October 2018
- Functionality to display information on personal wellbeing
- A link to information on personal wellbeing is shown in the menu for all users over age 16 but is for the moment only activated for My Kanta users who use the Virtual Hospital Health Village (“Terveyskylä”) service and who enter information into the My Kanta Pages Personal Health Record. Learn more about the My Kanta Pages Personal Health Record.
- Changes to rules governing the release of health information
- Health and prescription records are updated to show if they are accessed in an emergency by overriding existing consents and refusals.
- Improved display of data collected from notifications of data release.
- Small UI changes and improvements
- Link added to the Swedish-language website of the Alzheimer Society of Finland.
- The range of allowed characters is specified in organ donation testaments and living wills.
Updates in My Kanta pages 20 June 2018
- Improvements related to the browsing of data:
- In health data, appointments can now be searched according to the diagnosis. All the diagnoses that have been saved in the user’s data in the Kanta services can be selected in the search function.
- The separate Diagnoses page has been removed.
- Other changes:
- The service has a new look.
- My Kanta pages is now more scalable and it also performs better on mobile devices. The development of mobile use will be continued further during the course of this year.
Updates in My Kanta Pages 22 March 2018
- Improvements related to the browsing of data:
- In health data, appointments can now be searched according to the subject of the patient record.
- In health data, the time when the data related to the appointment in question has last been edited is shown on the list of appointments. This makes it easier to find the latest appointment data.
Updates in My Kanta Pages 1 February 2018
- Improvements related to the display and browsing of data:
- Browsing of appointment data:
- All appointments can now be browsed on the Medical records page and appointments can be searched according to a specified period. The page for Visits and treatment periods has been removed.
- Appointments not involving the patient record text shown in My Kanta Pages (other events shown as blank) are no longer shown on the list of appointments as a rule. They can be viewed from a separate link on the Medical records page
- Changes concerning declarations of intent:
- Separate links to the page on organ donation testaments and living wills in the menu of My Kanta Pages.
- Characters of the Sami language are allowed in the organ donation testament and living will.
- Links to the websites of the Alzheimer Society of Finland (Muistiliitto) and Terveyskirjasto health library are available on the living will page.
- A note has been added to the printout of the prescription list explaining that the list is not a valid proof of medication on overseas trips.
- Other changes:
- A link to Kela’s online service that is accessed with the same log in as My Kanta Pages has been added
- Improvements in accessibility and usability.
Updates in My Kanta pages 29 September 2017
- My Kanta pages will show the following certificates and statements (in addition to Medical Certificate A) after each healthcare unit starts entering them into the Kanta services:
- Kela certificates and statements:
- Doctor’s Statement B (SV7), Medical Certificate D (SV10), Certificate of pregnancy or postpartum check-up (SV75), Doctor’s Statement on the need for special maternity leave (SV97), Certificate for reimbursement of travel costs (SV67)
- Ministry of Social Affairs and Health certificates and statements:
- Referral for observation, Statement of observation, Decision on sectioning (compulsory treatment regardless of the patient’s wishes), Decision on taking possession of property, Decision on restricting contact
- Improvements related to viewing and browsing information:
- Improvements and corrections have been made to the viewing of information on oral healthcare. The user can also switch more easily between visits and oral healthcare information via new links.
- The disclosure details of medical records can be sorted in the listing according to own preference.
- Changes to service terminology have been made on certain pages.
- Changes to prescription renewal functions:
- A notice is shown on the possible charge for renewal, if the user is sending a renewal request to a private operator.
- Before sending the renewal request, the user sees a summary of the request details, after which confirmation is required before sending.
- Changes to acting on someone’s behalf:
- A parent or carer is able to act on behalf of a child aged under 10, even if the child’s name is not registered in the Population Information System. Previously, this was prevented if the child was over 3 months old and not yet registered by name.
Changes made to My Kanta Pages on 4 May 2017
- Users can also view and browse their prescriptions that are more than 2.5 years old.
- Information about the practitioner’s fee is shown on the prescriptions.
- An option to print out prescription information in PDF format in a more concise format. A printout is not accepted for purchasing the medicine at a pharmacy.
- The usability and accessibility of prescription renewals have been improved.
- After entering the mobile number, it is no longer necessary to press OK.
- The list of renewable prescriptions now has a sorting function.
- The prescription disclosure information shows whether the data has been retrieved for the purpose of medicine reimbursement processing or as an emergency query.
- In the health data, the latest time when the test data concerning the visit in question has been edited is shown in the section for the time of the list of tests shown. This makes it easier to find the latest test results.
- A refusal document can be recorded only if changes have been made to the contents.
- My Kanta Pages are now even more fault-tolerant than before. For example, if there is a technical fault in prescription retrieval, the service no longer logs the user out, but only disables the prescription functions until the user logs themselves out of the service.