We have chosen that day as, based on previous experience, the Kanta services are the least busy on that day. That way we want to minimise any inconvenience to the customers.
Start time: 7am on 19 April
End time: 7pm on 19 April
Impact: Due to the update, there may be several interruptions of about 25 minutes to the service throughout the day. During any interruptions, it may not be possible to use the Patient Data Repository, the patient data management service or the cross-border prescription service. Moreover, citizens will not be able to see their own health data in My Kanta Pages.
There may be interruptions in the use of cross-border prescriptions between 8.50am and 9.45am.
In My Kanta Pages and healthcare services, it may not be possible to issue or change refusals in prescriptions between 8.50am and 9.45am.
The use of Kelain will be available, but the update may have an impact on the retrieval of data concerning the provision of information between 8.50am and 9.45am.
The retrieval of information provision, consents, refusals and declarations of intent may not be available between 8.50am and 9.45am.
Instructions for healthcare services:
- The interruption to the service will have no impact on the use of electronic prescriptions.
- During the interruptions, documents saved in the Patient Data Repository cannot be retrieved from the Kanta services.
- During the interruption, patient data will be recorded in the individual patient data systems as normal.
- Recording of patient data in the Kanta Patient Data Repository can be started during an interruption, but it must be noted that there will be a delay in the recording into Kanta due to the service interruption.
- Customers in the healthcare services must be informed that there may be a delay in viewing medical care data recorded in Kanta in My Kanta Pages on 19 April 2019.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the modification work.
Kela, Kanta Services
Telephone: 020 634 7787