null Changes to electronic identification become effective in September
Changes to the identification methods provided by banks that are becoming effective in September will also apply to Kela’s e-Services and My Kanta Pages, which use Suomi.fi e-identification.
In practice, this change means that the paper code cards offered by banks will not necessarily be valid as an identification tool. Some banks have replaced the code cards completely with various apps or fingerprint authentication, while some are still using the code cards in parallel with other identification methods.
If you are using online banking codes for identification purposes, it is worth checking with your own bank whether there will be any changes. You should also contact your own bank if there are any problems with the new identification methods provided by the bank. Kela is unable to help in these situations.
In addition to online banking codes, you can log in to Kela’s e-Services and My Kanta Pages with a certificate card or mobile certificate. There will be no changes to these identification methods.
Further information (mostly available in Finnish only)
- Suomi.fi: Suomi.fi-tunnistus: Nordean ja Danske Bankin tunnistuspalveluissa muutoksia syksyllä(suomi.fi)
- Suomi.fi: Tunnistaudu pankkitunnuksilla (suomi.fi, also in English)
- Aktia (aktia.fi)
- Danske bank (danskebank.fi)
- Handelsbanken (handelsbanken.fi)
- Nordea (nordea.fi, also in English)
- Osuuspankki (op.fi, also in English)
- Pop-pankki (poppankki.fi)
- S-pankki (s-pankki.fi)