My Kanta Pages - general
Questions and answers about logging in to My Kanta Pages, viewing of data and the functioning of the service.
Logging into My Kanta Pages takes place on the www.kanta.fi website. On a computer, the green Log Into My Kanta Pages button is located at the top right of the screen. On mobile devices, the same button can also be found in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Authentication to My Kanta Pages takes place with banking codes, a mobile certificate, electronic identity card (HST card) or a social and health care professional card or organisation card issued by the Digital and Population Data Services Agency (previously the Population Register Centre).
The My Kanta Pages are accessed through Suomi.fi identification.
The My Kanta Pages work with the most common updated Internet browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari. Clear your browser's cache and try logging in to the service again. You can also try using a different browser to access the service.
If the problem occurs during the logging-in stage, the fault may be in the Suomi.fi service or in the log-in IDs you are using. Also try:
- Can you access another service that uses Suomi.fi authentication? (e.g. OmaKela, MyTax)
- Try using the service on a different device.
- If possible, try logging in using a different verification method (online banking IDs, certificate card, or mobile certificate).
For help with using Suomi.fi identification, please contact Public Service Info: tel. +358 (0)295 000 (Mon-Fri 8:00–21:00, Sat 9:00-15:00)
There may be a maintenance interruption in My Kanta Pages, during which the service is unavailable. Please retry the authentication in a moment.
If you have online banking codes but are still unable to identify yourself in various public administration e-services, it is possible that you don’t have the required extra e-identifier added to the online banking code. In this case, please contact your own bank.
To sign out of the service, click the Logout link on the upper right-hand corner of My Kanta Pages. Always end the session by logging out of the service. Remember to close all of the tabs in your browser.
Showing of dataOpen all
In My Kanta Pages you can see
- your prescriptions
- entries related to your care
- your laboratory tests and X-ray examinations
- EU Digital COVID Certificates
- your consent and denials of consent to data sharing
- your organ donation testament and living will
- the social welfare and health care service units or pharmacies that have processed your prescription data or medical records via the Kanta Services
- data of your dependants under 10 years of age. The data of your dependents aged 10–17 will be available on the My Kanta Pages in stages after the necessary changes to the patient data systems have been applied in health care units.
- to a limited extent, the records of another adult. Acting on behalf of another adult is based on an electronic authorisation granted on Suomi.fi.
- your wellbeing data that you store using apps.
The My Kanta Pages displays your data automatically as soon as it has been stored in the Kanta services by the health care services.
Your prescription data is shown in My Kanta Pages after you have been issued with a prescription.
Your health data will be displayed on the My Kanta Pages as soon as the person who treated you has entered them onto the patient information system, where the data is stored in the Kanta service. The delay in storing data varies between health care units. If your data is not displayed on the My Kanta Pages, you can ask for more information from the health care unit responsible for your treatment.
Your data will be displayed in the service for as long as required according to the statutory retention period.
If your data is not shown, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- the healthcare unit you attended has not joined the Kanta Services yet
- the health care unit you attended does not currently enter all data recorded in the patient information system into Kanta
- an entry made by a healthcare professional has not been completed yet
- the health care service may have set a standard delay for data being shown on the My Kanta Pages.
If your data is not shown on the My Kanta Pages, please contact the health care unit that recorded the data.
The Act on the Electronic Processing of Client Data in Health Care and Social Welfare (Client Data Act) obliges public social welfare and health care service providers to store client and patient data in Kanta. For private social welfare and health care service providers, the deployment of Kanta services is mandatory if the service provider has a data system for processing client and patient data.
Patients do not have the legal right to refuse the recording of their data in Kanta Services or their display on the My Kanta Pages. The data will be shown on the My Kanta Pages after the health care service has entered it in Kanta.
It is not possible to view the data of both persons when using joint banking codes, only that of the person whose personal identity code has been linked to the banking codes. The other person must get their own codes.
The My Kanta Pages show the information recorded in Kanta Services by the health care services. If you find errors or omissions in your data shown on the My Kanta Pages, please contact the social welfare or health care unit that recorded the data.
The health service is responsible for entering patient records and correcting them. Each health care unit has its own procedure for correcting erroneous data, which is described, for example, on each unit's website. Further advice is available from the data protection officer or patient ombudsman of the unit in question.
You can change the language in which the My Kanta Pages are displayed, but this only applies to data pertaining to the service itself, such as headings and instructions.
The information on prescriptions and in patient documentation are always shown in the language in which they were created at the health care unit.
Service availabilityOpen all
There may be a maintenance break in the My Kanta Pages, in which case the service will not be available. Try using the service again in a few moments.
Also check that your data communication connection is working, e.g. by trying to access other internet services. Kela is not responsible for the availability, performance or functioning of data communication connections or for their impact on the service.
The recommended browsers for using the My Kanta Pages include e.g. Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox. Make sure that you are using the latest version of your browser.
Please note that the My Kanta Pages no longer work on the Internet Explorer 11 browser.
If your feedback concerns your patient data or the contents of a prescription, please contact the healthcare unit you attended.
Questions related to My Kanta Pages and feedback on the service can be sent on the Give Feedback and Ask form.
Feedback can also be sent directly to the Kanta customer service. In technical problems, you can contact the Kanta technical support.
Call charges to Kela’s customer service:
- when calling from a landline, the standard local network rate
- when calling from a mobile, the mobile rate
- when calling from abroad, the applicable international call charges.
The charges are determined according to the price list of the caller’s operator. Kela meets the extra cost of calling numbers beginning with 020.
My Kanta Pages is a free service for citizens.
Verification methods may be subject to a fee determined by each bank or operator separately. The fees charged for online banking codes and mobile ID are determined by each bank or operator separately. The prices of electronic ID cards are determined by the police.