The person verifying the certificate can read the data from a machine-readable Aztec code with the verification application. The digital ECDSA signature of the read data can be used for ensuring the authenticity of the data and, on that basis, verifying that the person has received the COVID-19 vaccination.
A certificate application can be made on the basis of the instructions presented on this page. Kela's Kanta Services do not produce a certificate application.
What data does a machine-readable code include?
The machine-readable Aztec code of the national COVID-19 vaccination certificate includes data fields for linking the certificate to the person (personal data), the data related to the COVID-19 vaccination, as well as metadata in order to implement the data certification process and to identify the certificate.
- Personal data.
- Data of administered COVID-19 vaccination for identifying the COVID-19 vaccinations received by the person.
- Metadata needed for verifying the data and identifying the certificate.
Technical specification of the verification of data in the national COVID-19 vaccination certificate
The document specifies the data verification process and the technical specification for reading the data. The specification documentation is in English.
Test certificate and public signature certificate of the national COVID-19 vaccination certificate
- Example file 1. of the national COVID-19 vaccination certificate (pdf)
- Example file 2. of the national COVID-19 vaccination certificate (pdf)
- Public signatur certificate (pem)
The national COVID-19 vaccination certificate is not compatible with the certification process of the COVID-19 certificate in accordance with the EU specifications.
Further information about the specifications of COVID-19 certificates: