Kela implements the COVID-19 vaccination certificates in two phases.
In the first phase, it is possible to apply for
- a national COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
In the second phase, it is possible to apply for the following in compliance with the EU’s specifications.
- a COVID-19 vaccination certificate,
- a certificate of a negative result of the latest COVID-19 test, and
- a certificate of recovery from COVID-19.
Specifications of COVID-19 vaccination certificates
The specification documents describe the changes related to the first and second phases of the COVID-19 vaccination certificate. The specification documents are available on the following subpage:
- Specifications related to the processing of COVID-19 vaccination certificates for patient data systems
Verification of data in the EU COVID-19 certificate
Links to the verification process of the EU COVID-19 certificate and the specifications for reading the data are available on the sub-page:
The vaccination certificate complying with the EU specifications replaced the national COVID-19 vaccination certificate on 22 June 2021.
Verification of the national vaccination certificate
Specifications for the extraction of data in the national COVID-19 vaccination certificate and the necessary signature certificates and test files are found on the subpage: